Finally! After years of living in your home, you have the time and means to upgrade to the kitchen of your dreams. You’ve eyed flooring, lighting and appliance options, and you even bought wall paint samples. Now it’s time to browse through kitchen cabinet styles. Here are some tips from luxury kitchen cabinet makers in Las Vegas, NV for choosing the perfect cabinets for your space:
- Custom or stock cabinetry: You don’t necessarily need custom cabinets just because the length of your wall is an unusual size, but the benefit of custom-made cabinets is that they are crafted to fit a space to your exact specifications. They will look how you envisioned them, complete with custom hardware and decor, and painted the color you want. Pre-made cabinets, meanwhile, can be purchased off the shelf at your local home improvement store. Stock cabinets, while not unique like custom cabinets, are often far less expensive than custom cabinets and ready to install.
- Cabinet door profile: Regardless of whether you have your eye on custom cabinets or stock cabinets, since the fronts of the cabinets are the most visible features in your kitchen, it may help you to choose a door profile first. Some examples of door profiles include recessed miter, raised arch, slab and recessed square. Check out all the options closely, bearing in mind the look you want for your kitchen (classic, traditional, modern).
- Cabinet door style: Knowing your budget is the easiest way to narrow down your list of cabinet door styles. The style will likely match the profile. For example, the slab style kitchen cabinet gives your kitchen a more modern, smooth feel. Slab style doors are simple and clean—usually a single, unembellished piece of wood—making them a good choice for contemporary style homes.
- Framed or frameless: Another decision you’ll need to make is whether or not you want framed or frameless kitchen cabinets. Framed cabinet doors attach to the front frame, and their hinges are often visible. You see framed doors mostly in traditional kitchens. Frameless options are for cabinets with doors that attach directly to the side of the cabinets. Hardware and hinges do not show. It’s important to note that your decision between framed or frameless will have an effect on the type of cabinet door, hardware and hinges you can install.
- Function and aesthetics: When choosing new kitchen cabinets, seriously consider the options that offer you the most functionality and aesthetic appeal. Most residential kitchens either have base cabinets and wall cabinets, both fitted with doors rather than open shelving or drawers. To achieve a more traditional looking kitchen, homeowners use upper cabinets to display pretty dishes or other decor, while base cabinets are reserved for storing and concealing heavier dishes and cookware. Pull-out drawers instead of swinging doors is another popular feature for base cabinets.
Customizing your home’s cabinets offers many benefits. They are attractive, unique to your home and made to accommodate your current and future needs. Call Authentic Custom Cabinetry today to begin working with the best luxury kitchen cabinet makers in Las Vegas, NV!
Categorised in: Kitchen Cabinets