Kitchen Remodel Walkthrough: How to Avoid a Kitchen Cabinet Disaster
Whether you are investing in a full kitchen remodel or simply upgrading your cabinets, you don’t want to end up spending a lot of money on something you’re unhappy with and can’t change. Any professional installing kitchen cabinets in Las Vegas, NV will tell you that they see homeowners make the same mistakes time and time again. If you want to avoid lackluster results when you purchase new kitchen cabinets, you’ll definitely want to read these tips:
- Know what you need: Before you speak with a cabinetmaker, discuss with your family what you want to be changed about your current kitchen cabinets. Ask yourself how you want storage space maximized or expanded. Note where you might prefer drawers instead of cabinets or shelves. Compile a list of your needs, along with what aesthetic you are trying to achieve. This list can serve as the guidelines for the project when you start shopping for different options for installing kitchen cabinets in Henderson, NV.
- Go with what feels right to you: Trust your gut! Consider how much time you’ve spent in your kitchen and thinking about how you want it to look and function. You know better than anyone else what exactly you want your dream kitchen to look like. Don’t be dissuaded by a big box store employee who is trying to close a sale giving you ill-informed advice. Just because someone is a professional doesn’t mean they know what is right for you, your family or your home.
- Explore all of your options: Too often, homeowners think they can only afford a stock solution for their kitchen cabinets. However, a respected cabinetmaker can help create custom kitchen cabinets at reasonable prices. You don’t have to settle for downgraded quality to save money. If you are thinking about installing kitchen cabinets in Enterprise, NV, contact a custom cabinetmaker near you, like Authentic Custom Cabinetry, to discuss your options.
- Choose colors wisely: Physics tells us that light drastically impacts the way we perceive color. What appears to be cream-colored in a retail setting might look starkly white in the natural light of your kitchen. Take samples home with you to see what works best with the lighting in your space. This is also important to keep in mind if you are doing a full kitchen remodel. Will there be different kitchen lights when the project is done? If so, try to mimic that lighting with the color samples to make an informed decision that you won’t regret when the project is finished.
- Speak up: If you see something you don’t like or don’t think is right, say something. Ask questions. Don’t be afraid to advocate for what you want in your kitchen.
Unfortunately, it’s far too easy to make mistakes when installing kitchen cabinets in Summerlin, NV. That is why people in the Las Vegas area trust Authentic Custom Cabinetry with their remodeling projects. For over 30 years, our team of cabinetmakers has helped homeowners realize their dream kitchens with stunning cabinets that provide the look and space needed to feed a family. Don’t settle for anything less than the best. Contact us today to discuss your kitchen cabinets.
Categorised in: Kitchen Cabinets