The custom cabinetry you get for your kitchen is one of the most important aspects of your new kitchen design, so it’s crucial that you work with a contractor who is capable of delivering exactly what you want. If you’ve never hired a contractor to perform cabinetry work before, you might be wondering how exactly to go about the process to ensure you find someone you can trust to do a great job.
With this in mind, here are a few tips for selecting the best custom cabinet makers in Phoenix, AZ:
- Analyze their experience: One of the best ways to quickly determine whether or not the cabinet maker is capable of delivering the kind of results you want is to look at a gallery of photos of their past work. Any reputable cabinet maker will be happy to share samples of previous work they’ve done, which will show off their capabilities and also give you a sense of the styles you like and dislike. If a cabinet maker is hesitant to share samples of their work, this should be regarded as a big red flag.
- Look at reviews: Find as many reviews of cabinet makers as you can. Check their websites for testimonials, and do a search on review sites like Yelp, Angie’s List and Google Reviews. See if they are affiliated with agencies like the Better Business Bureau or the Home Builders Association. All of this helps you to determine the credibility of the company and the level of quality you can expect from their work.
- Establish a rapport: In talking to the cabinet maker, it’s important to be able to establish a rapport so you can have a good working relationship throughout the course of the project. You want to work with contractors who are easy to communicate with so you can feel more comfortable discussing your needs and desires for your project. Plus, a good working relationship also will help you stay better up to date about the progress of the project.
- Costs: Any reputable cabinet maker will be up front with you about all the costs you will potentially face. Not only will they be able to give you a realistic quote for your project, but they will also let you know as soon as something looks like it will end up costing more than expected, and will explain why. Keep in mind that you’ll always pay more for custom cabinetry than you would for stock models, and that the kinds of materials you choose will influence the overall cost of the project.
- Passion: It can be beneficial to work with a cabinet maker who is passionate about their work. They will be able to help you make design decisions, if you like, because they understand how certain designs flow in certain types of spaces.
These are just a few tips for you to keep in mind when selecting custom cabinet makers in Phoenix, AZ. We encourage you to contact Authentic Custom Cabinetry today with any questions you have.
Categorised in: Custom Cabinets